Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cute Car Seat Cover

So, I thought I'd switch gears a bit and post a sewing project today. My ultra talented sister in law, Joanna, made this carseat cover for us as a baby gift and I absolutely LOVE it. I just think it's simply adorable. (And VERY practical for Wisconsin winters!) Don't you love the little flower straps?

Here's the other side. It's so, so soft!

Special thanks to my daughter's baby for being our model. ;)

I'm not sure where my sis in law found her pattern, but I found a similar one on one of my favorite craft sites: www.makeit-loveit.com

Here is the site to her pattern of the cover. The ties (though not quite as cute as the flowers, in my opinion) seems to make the project look easier. As I become more comfortable with sewing, (flash sign, I'm a newbie here) I'd probably try to tackle something like this first.

Do you have cute sewing projects to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment