Thursday, April 7, 2011

Friday's Fab Finds.

So, I found this cute little *baby on craigslist this week for just FIVE bucks!! More than one person in this house was excited...

Money Saving Tip: Don't be afraid to utilize craigslist and garage sales. I can't tell you how much of our furniture, toys, clothes, etc. have come from these places. And, you'd never even know it! The trick is being picky and patient. There's a lot of crap out there to weed through and it can be tempting to bring in stuff you don't need/won't use just because it's cheap or even free. (Been there, done that...) I try to ask myself being purchasing a 'great' deal these questions first:

1.) "Do we need it?" OR if it's a 'want' "Can we use it NOW or in the NEAR future?

2.) Do I love it? (Or will it sit hanging in my closet for 2 years until I donate it to goodwill?)

3.) "Where would I put it?"

If it's not needed or can't be used now and you have no idea where it would even go, it's probably better to pass it up! Or so begins the clutter monster...

This has helped me anyway.

Do you have any good craigslist/garage sale or other tips you'd like to share? I'm definitely no expert and would love us all to learn from each other. Feel free to leave a comment to share your insights/experiences, or your FAB FIND! :)



*the rocking chair---the actual baby I helped make myself . :)

1 comment: